An Intensive Course over two Saturdays
Course Dates for 2018:
– September 22 and October 6
– November 10 and November 24
Time: 9.00am until 4.00pm (approx.)
Location: Club Willoughby
– 26 Crabbes Avenue, Willoughby
Cost of Course: $390
The cost includes Bistro Lunches and Free on site parking
Click here for the registration form
Information About the Intensive Course
What can a Speechcraft public speaking and communication course do for you?
In a Speechcraft program you will:
- Improve your public speaking and general communication skills so that you are more confident when speaking in front of people as well as one on one.
- Prepare a number of speeches in quick succession.
- Find that your improved presentation skills will win you the respect and admiration of your colleagues.
- Benefit because your participation in Speechcraft will also increase your management and leadership potential.
How can Speechcraft meet your needs?
Speechcraft can help you because:
- Speechcraft is a program designed for beginners as well as those who wish to improve their presentation skills.
- The hands-on speech training program provides the “how-to” and the practical experience so critical to progress.
- The Speechcraft program is very cost effective.
- An atmosphere of professional and supportive camaraderie makes each course a unique learning environment dedicated to personal improvement.
- You have the opportunity to practice speeches and presentations with an overhead projector and laptop.
How does the Program work?
The Speechcraft program provides each participant with a wide range of speech-making and presentation experiences.
- Each participant receives a Toastmasters Speechcraft Handbook. This provides valuable reference material after the program is completed.
- No matter whether you are experienced or a beginning speaker, you will develop and/or increase your skills.
- A variety of assigned short speeches help participants develop competency.
- During each meeting an impromptu speaking session is conducted to help participants learn to think on their feet.
- After giving a prepared speech, each participant receives a constructive speech evaluation. This process recognises speakers for their strengths and provides valuable guidance on how future presentations may be improved.
- Upon completion of the basic course you may continue your training at a Toastmasters Club.
What does the Speechcraft course include?
We have run Speechcraft courses for more than 20 years, including the latest learning trends and the Toastmasters’ principles of better thinking, listening, speaking and leadership. Based on participation, content includes:
- communication skills, gestures/body language, networking, meetings
- overcoming nerves, increasing speech confidence
- role of the MC, introducing, linking and thanking speakers
- construction, preparation and delivery of speeches
- impromptu speaking – structured answers
- humour, voice and language, analytical listening
- the impact of visuals (use of data projector optional)
- speaking in praise: toasts, tributes, wedding speeches
- feedback from DVD recording (optional)
- putting the skills into action, graduation.