Speechcraft - Short Courses
Speechcraft is an intensive course over two Saturdays.
It will help you to improve your communication skills so that you are more confident when speaking in front of people and one on one.
– November 9 and November 23
Time: 9.00am until 4.00pm (approx.)
Location: Club Willoughby, 26 Crabbes Avenue, Willoughby
Cost of the Course: $390
The cost includes Bistro Lunches and free on site parking.
Click on the Speechcraft Enrolment Form button to enrol in the course.
Information About the Course
How does the Program work?
The Speechcraft program provides each participant with a wide range of speech-making experiences to build confidence and develop skills. This includes:
- Each participant receives a Speechcraft Manual. This provides valuable reference material during the program and after program completion.
- A variety of assigned short speeches help participants develop skills and confidence.
- During each day impromptu speaking sessions are held to help participants learn to think on their feet.
- After giving a prepared speech, each participant receives a constructive speech evaluation. This process recognises a speakers strengths and provides valuable guidance on how future presentations may be improved.
- Upon completion of the Speechcraft course you are encouraged to continue your training at a Toastmasters Club.
What does the Speechcraft course include?
We have run Speechcraft courses for more than 20 years, including the latest learning trends and the Toastmasters’ principles of better thinking, listening, speaking and leadership. The course content includes:
- Communication skills, using body language and networking.
- Overcoming nerves, increasing speaking confidence.
- Role of the MC, introducing, linking and thanking speakers.
- Construction, preparation and delivery of speeches.
- Impromptu speaking, providing structured answers.
- Humour, voice and language, analytical listening.
- The impact of visuals (use of PowerPoint, whiteboards and flipcharts).
- Speaking in praise: toasts, tributes, wedding speeches.
- Putting the skills into action, graduation.